Medical Shield Pro | The Importance of Face Masks for the Daily Life | The year 2020 has not been going well. We thought that endless war, poverty, and other global economic issues would be the biggest challenge among our world leaders, but little did we know, a pandemic would usurp all of that. The Coronavirus has brought the world to its knees and has claimed over a million lives with much more likely to perish before all is said and done. Though the battle with COVID seems impossible to win, many nations around the world have won the fight. With the help of proper health management and equipment, like face masks, a return to normal is possible.
Generally, the face mask is used by the public and frontliners to prevent infectious diseases. Face masks are one device used for forestalling the spread of illness. Face covers are baggy veils that cover the nose and mouth and have ear circles or ties or groups at the rear of the head. There are various brands and they come in various tones. It is imperative to utilize a face cover affirmed by the FDA.
Facemasks help limit the spread of germs. At the point when somebody talks, coughs, or sniffles they may deliver small drops into the air that can result in infecting others. In the event that somebody is sick, a face mask can decrease the number of germs that the wearer spreads and can spare others from getting infected. A face mask also provides protection to the wearer’s nose and mouth from sprinkles or splashes of body liquids.
Consider having your face covered with a mask when you are sick with a cough or cold (with or without fever) and you expect to be in public. The face mask will help to protect them from catching your sickness. Medical services settings have explicit standards for when individuals should wear face covers.
Dispensable face masks ought to be utilized once and afterward tossed in the bin. You ought to likewise remove and replace it once they become moist. Make sure to always follow the instruction on how to properly use and store the face mask, as well as on how to properly wear and remove a mask. On the off chance that directions for properly wearing and removing the cover are not available, you may follow the steps below:
How to properly wear a face mask:
- Clean your hands with cleanser and water or hand sanitizer prior to touching the face mask.
- Remove a face mask from its box and ensure there are no conspicuous tears or openings on either side of the mask.
- Figure out which side of the mask is the top portion. The side of the face mask that has a hardened bendable edge is the top part and is intended to form to the shape of your nose.
- Figure out which side of the face mask is the front. The portion of the face mask that has color is commonly the front and should be faced away from you, while the uncolored side contacts your face.
- Follow the directions below for the kind of face mask you are using.With Earloops: Hold the face mask by the ear circles. Put the loop around on each ear.With Ties: Bring the face cover to your nose level and put the ties over the crown of your head and secure it with a bow.With Bands: Hold the cover in your hands with the nosepiece or top of the veil at your fingertips, permitting the headbands to hang freely beneath your hands. Put the face mask to your nose level and pull the top tie over your head with the goal that it rests over the crown of your head. Pull the base tie over your head with the goal that it rests at your nape.
- Form or pinch the solid edge to the shape of your nose.
- If you are using a face cover with ties: Then take the base ties, one in each hand, and secure with a bow at your nape.
- Pull the lower part of the face mask over your mouth and jaw.
How to properly remove the face mask:
- Clean your hands with cleanser and water or hand sanitizer prior to touching the mask. Avoid touching the front of the cover. The front portion of the face mask is contaminated. Just touch the ear circles/ties/band. Follow the guidelines below for the instructions for any type of face mask you might be using.
- With Earloops: Hold both of the ear circles and tenderly lift and remove the face mask.
- With Ties: Untie the base bow first at that point untie the top bow and pull the face mask away from you as the ties are loosened.
- With Bands: Lift the base strap over your head first and then pull the top tie over your head.
- Toss the face mask in the trash bin. Clean your hands with cleanser and water or hand sanitizer.
By properly following the proper procedures in how to use the face mask in fighting the pandemic COVID-19 aside from the public recommended protocol, it will help our leaders and healthcare professionals in lessening the cases and would also save you from catching the deadly virus.